Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Home grown



I love plants, I love the greenery, sense of nature, smell, and overall beauty that go along with them. The problem is that plants just don't love me. I have a brown, wilty thumb. But, that hasn't stopped my hubby and I from trying to integrate fruit-bearing plants into our landscaping (or lack thereof). For some reason it just seemed to make sense that if we were going to invest in a plant, that is buy it, water it, and otherwise take care of it, we wanted to get as much out of it as possible.

Some of our plants have been miserable failures, but others have done great. Here in our SoCal environment, weather is on our sides. We've had the most luck with oranges, lemons, and peaches. I have done ok with growing basil, cilantro, and lettuce too.

Here are some of our late winter/early spring home grown foods- delicious oranges and little baby peaches (should be ready in May).

No comments:

Post a Comment