Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

The big switch (to Organic Produce)

We started getting organic produce delivered to us back in the fall. I love, love, love our service. It also helps that around that time our baby boy started eating solids, and man can the kid eat! Most of the items in our weekly delivery are predetermined by what's in season and available from the contributing farmers. I have been introduced to many produce items I'd rarely had and several I've never even heard of. I want to share what we do with some of these novel items.

But, let me start of by saying that there are several factors that made this switch to organic produce work for us. Boils down to it being affordable and convenient. It's delivered to our doorstep for a $5 delivery charge. Trust me, the gas to go to the store is more than that! I would say the next factor is a dedication to making the produce edible to my family.

So, coming soon are some of the ways I season, cook, sneak, and otherwise somehow get my family to eat their veggies! Even if you don't do organic produce, I hope the ideas will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment