Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tart Passion Fruit & Lemonade

I was so excited to get a sampler of passion fruit with my weekly produce delivery. I actually had no idea what it was at first. I know passion fruit can vary from sweet to tart. And this particular purple little guy made me pucker. I like sour, but I have to admit, between the tartness and the texture of the seeds, I just wasn't down to eat it alone. But, as the saying goes... when life gives you a tart passion fruit make... well, you get it. I'm sure the sweeter variety would also make a tasty drink.

Oh, and let me say something about the smell and texture of this drink. The fragrance of passion fruit was absolutely amazing. It may have been the best smelling drink I've ever had. And the juicy, crunchy, tart seeds were a thousand times yummier than boba. So get a passion fruit & drink up!

Ingredients:
1 passion fruit
1 tbs lemon juice
1 1/2 tbs agave nectar
1 1/2 cups water

Directions:
Gently scoop pulp and seeds from passion fruit. Mix with lemon juice, agave nectar and water. Serve over ice with a straw to suck up all that crunchy seed goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment