Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Honoring Others Through Action

My grandfather recently passed away. His death has led to much reflection, especially thoughts about his life and all the ways I admire him. He was very much a calming presence and I'll miss the sense of peace he brought to our family. I'm saddened by our loss. But, I see my children's smiling, energetic, bright faces, I need to be strong and present for them. So, what to do with the sense of sadness I feel for our loss? For now at least, I have to focus on honoring my grandfather rather than grieving him. I think his many admirable traits and make a conscious effort to do at least one thing daily specifically to honor that trait, and his memory. It's a quiet way I can remember a man that meant so much to me. So today, think about someone that you cherish. Pick an admirable characteristic about that person. Do something, even one small thing, with that person in mind. Honor them through action.  

No comments:

Post a Comment